Day 2 really shows what you can accomplish with social media. From Wine Forums [WLTV] & Twitter. Its amazing, when used properly the internet is great.
BORDEAUX NIGHT OREGON 2010 - Eugene, Oregon [SmileDoc's House] (11/15/2010)
This was Bordeaux night in Eugene at a Local Orthodontist house, many a Bordeaux blend very delicious evening if I may say with a nice tour of the cellar private cellar
- 2008 Nk'mip Cellars Chardonnay Qwam Qwmt - Canada, British Columbia, Okanagan Valley, Okanagan Valley VQA
Great Acid, Fresh Fruit, Peaches, Apples, Pears. Opening up with some Oak but still in Balance with the fantastic Acidity that the Okanagan can bring (89 pts.)
- 2001 La Bastide Dauzac - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Margaux
seemed to have lost my notes on this wine.
Starting to brick, Med Intensity on the Nose, this wine was more elegant and feminne on the nose and palate, a Very Pure Cranberry Mid-Palate [which Brandon did mention] and then the finish was a little short This is a drink up now. But I still enjoyed it (89 pts.)
- 2004 Osoyoos Larose Le Grand Vin - Canada, British Columbia, Okanagan Valley, Okanagan Valley VQA
From a Magnum
This is what I would call more Bordeaux then any of the WallaWalla/Napa I have had with that nice "Roasted Red Peppers" and Cranberry/Raspberry palate/nose. Notes of Wood [cab franc] a nice wine. Opens up nicely too.
From the Magnum has plenty of time left in it (90 pts.)
- 2003 Château de Cruzeau - France, Bordeaux, Graves, Pessac-Léognan
Starting to Brick, Developing on the nose, Earth, Savory, Dark Chocolate, Bigger Round Palate. Quite Delicious (90 pts.)
- 2001 Château Lagrange St. Julien - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, St. Julien
A big wine, masculine power behind it, cassis, graphite, pain du bread or however the french put it.
Showing very well, and still has time to age even more. (91 pts.)
- 2005 Spring Valley Vineyard Uriah - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley
Big Nose of Liquor, Umami/Savoury on the Palate Gorgeous Red fruit mixed with a little Dark, that Walla Walla brings, has great acid, that Walla Walla terrior just showing itself nicely
Decanted for a while and still big (91 pts.)
- 2002 Justin Vineyard Isosceles Reserve - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles
Med+/Pronounced Nose, Starting to Develop, Cassis++ and Savoury Notes
Taste Med Acid, Full Body, Liquor of Cassis, Blackberry Jam. You can feel the warmth of Paso Robles. A End of the Night time of wine big powerful and utterly Delicious. (90 pts.)
THE 100-POINT RATING SCALE (Robert Parker of the Wine Advocate describes this in more detail.)
• Extraordinary (96-100 points)
• Outstanding (90-95)
• Very Good to Excellent (85-89)
• Good (80-84)
• Average (75-79)
• Below average (70-74)
• Avoid (50-70)