Pages

Pascual Toso Malbec Rose 2008


Well this is not Salmon....or Pink. This wine is Bloody Strawberry Fruit Punch, I mean its so dark I think it would pass for a Claret of the 18th Century. But well Nose/Taste it could pass for a Fruity Burgundy? hmmm maybe we shall seeee

The Stats:
Pascual Toso
Malbec Rose 2008
Malbec
13% Alc
Mendoza, Argentina


The Eye:
Dark Strawberry Jam, A Red Fruit Punch Colour. Dark no other way to put it

The Nose:
Now this is where it gets interesting, a Wine that is a rose in sight yet on the nose it has that old world nose close to a Pinot Noir, I mean all signs point to Pinot Noir if you could not see the wine.

The Mouth:
Starts off with the Strawberry / Rhubarb notes when slightly Chilled really nice acidity, But once it starts to warm and open it up it move into a Creamy Rich Mouth Feel big/full. And then it reminds me of a Pinot Noir its the craziest thing, I mean there are aspects that do and aspects that you know this is a Rose. But mm interesting and heck for 15.99 canadian its like a good cheap Pinot Noir! hah can't go wrong


Overall/Reflection:
Score: 89 I think that the fact it has those notes of Pinot Noir it gets that 89 Points, tho in reality it isn't "Overly" complex I mean don't get me wrong this is a great rose.

THE 100-POINT RATING SCALE (Robert Parker of the Wine Advocate describes this in more detail.)
• Extraordinary (96-100 points)
• Outstanding (90-95)
• Very Good to Excellent (85-89)
• Good (80-84)
• Average (75-79)
• Below average (70-74)
• Avoid (50-70)

No comments:

Post a Comment