Pages

Chateau Curton La Perriere 2005 Bordeaux Cuvee No5

So I just found out this wine is imported by my favorite British Columbia Importer Freehouse wine and spirits so props to them, a great company fantastic people, I have met almost all there stuff at tasting and they have flown in 4 wine makers that I have me and talked to and even cooked dinner for one the guy who brought in a 20year vertical tasting! Oh and they import the St Cosme Rhone and Chateau Pesquie, both wine makers that I met too

That being said, this wine Chateau Curton la Perriere Curvee No5 Bordeaux 2005. Is from what I can tell is 100% Merlot 25year old, not fined or filtered. 17.99 Canadian! and I saw it for 10 British Pounds I mean that's a steal in Canada.

Colour Dark-Purple
Aroma: Spice, fruit, menthol a bit on day two with a prune/spice/molasses combo.
Taste: Good fruit, acidity tamed with decanting very silky def. needs decanting even for 30mins. Day2, fruit is there even darker and more brooding, almost plum/spice/prune combo very very nice

Overall/Reflection:
Score: 90

THE 100-POINT RATING SCALE (Robert Parker of the Wine Advocate describes this in more detail.)
• Extraordinary (96-100 points)
• Outstanding (90-95)
• Very Good to Excellent (85-89)
• Good (80-84)
• Average (75-79)
• Below average (70-74)
• Avoid (50-70)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely. Merlot based wines can be fab, it's not always all about Cab.

    ReplyDelete