Pages

Domaine Lafond 2007 Tavel


So this is the final wine for round 2 of the rose battles. A tavel, and Tavel only makes Roses, this one being "aight" I read that some tavel roses are very very "Red"esque. This not so much more Rose, fruity but big


The Stats:
Domaine Lafond
Roc-Epine
Rhone Blend
13.5% Alc
Tavel, Rhone/France


The Eye:
A nice cherry red colour, definitely dark

The Nose:
The nose brings a Fruit forwardness borderline Candied Cherries, but yet at the same time a almost Rich Huckleberry, it has that redness to it yet that full bodied fruit. With a touch of Rubberiness coming through which I assume some people describe as "mineral"

The Mouth:
Light Red Fruit, good acidity, good weight, touch of sweetness


Overall/Reflection:
Score: 88 A nice effort, I think from what I was expecting from Tavel I was a touch disappointed hopefully when I buy that bottle of Bandol I am not but we shall see

THE 100-POINT RATING SCALE (Robert Parker of the Wine Advocate describes this in more detail.)
• Extraordinary (96-100 points)
• Outstanding (90-95)
• Very Good to Excellent (85-89)
• Good (80-84)
• Average (75-79)
• Below average (70-74)
• Avoid (50-70)

No comments:

Post a Comment