Pages

Poplar Grove 2005 Merlot







The Stats:
Poplar Grove Winery 2005 Merlot [Okanagan / Naramata Bench]
95% Merlot
5% Malbec
14.2% Alc
18 Month French Oak
12 Month Bottle Aging
1100 Cases Produced

The Look:
Dark Ruby Colour Just a beautiful wine to look at bright, with the tinge of cherry on the edge leaning towards the brown side very pretty.

The Nose:
Fresh Cherry Juice, Smoke, Picking up some of the oak nose which I had picked up in the 04 but a lot less which I really like

The Taste:
Red Fruit on the Tart side (not pucker your lips tart) Sour Cherry, Kirsch Flavored. Has a hint of "Tonic Water minus the sugar" it made me want to grab some gin and limes, If you like Gin and Tonic then I guess its a good thing hah. Soft tannins, Medium body (it is a Merlot) Lots of acid in this wine I would definitely wait to drink this wine needs a year minimum.

This wine would definitely benefit from letting it rest in your cellar I have one bottle left Maybe next year Ill try it again to see how it is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment