Pages

Bordeaux 2006 Notes on 10 Wines


First of all sorry for no posts just have not been feeling it, that I checked my gmail account and I find its all screwy not forwarding emails to my normal account but just half of them. Weird stuff anyways I think its fixed now [which means it isn't fixed BUT hey that's the internet/computer for ya]

So I bought tickets to a 2006 Wine Tasting for Bordeaux, it was for a 9am Sunday Morning Figure it would be good not a lot of people and taste wine in peace. Show up 10mins early. And there is a line up outside the front door! Really at 9am?! Are these people mad? I know I am.

So in all I enjoyed all the 2006 except for the one that was totally over oaked.

I use the term Game, tho its not like Rhone game but it is earthy, game like that for my palate.

2006 Chateau La Tour Carnet, Haut-Medoc
A: Tobacco, Ceder
T: Acidity Present, Fruit Hidden, Creamy, getting little Cassis now, Pomegranate Finish

2006 Chateau Cantemerle, Haut-Medoc
58CS, 33M, 6PV, 3CF
A: Game, A nice Syrup nose coming across Black Pepper
T: Red Fruit, Tannins Present, Creamy, spicy finish

2006 Clos de l'Oratoire, St Emilion
A: Pretty Floral Nose, little Game
T: Tight nose, fruit not ready to drink [tho one wine note said drinking now...]

2006 Clos du Marquis, St Julien
A: Pepper
T: Good Tannins, "light body" [one critic called this Full Body, it was the lightest of the 10 and noticebly light] a interesting Juice flavour

2006 Chateau Clinet, Pomerol
A: Game
T: Good fruit, good tannins, "low acidity", spiciness

2006 Chateau Lascombes, Marqaux
A: Coffee Ground, Cocoa, "A Diaper Plastic Smell maybe I am thinking of the perfume they put in it?"
T: Good upfront fruit, med body, nice tannin. a solid wine

2006 Chateau Clerc-Milon, Pauillac
A: Game, Bordeaux Classic Nose, Spicy Pepperiness
T: Med Body, Red Fruit, Cranberry, Creamy

2006 Chateau Pichon-Longueville Baron, Pauillac
A: Vegatel Celery, Oak Creamy Vanilla
T: Coffee Ground, Acidity Red Fruit, Big Big Tannins, Nice Big Body, Creamy
*Not a Fan lots of Oak used in this

2006 Chateau Montrose, St Estephe
A: Interesting Nose (Good Way)
T: Good ripe red fruit, menthol
*I was going to buy this, didn't know if they were pouring it, it was good/ok, but I spent an extra 20$ and got a Pontet-Canet

2006 Chateau Pape-Clement, Pessac
A: Big game nose reminds me of a Burg, good nice fruit
T: Big Tannins Good Fruit
*Don't let the notes fool you this was the best red of the day hands down

Sauternes / Barsac

2006 Chateau Coutet, Barsac
A: Lovely Nose, Perfume, good tropical dried canadied Papaya nose
T: Honey Consistency, Minimal Acidity

2006 Chateau Rieussec, Sauternes
A: Dried Papaya Candy, Touch of Petrol
T: Good Acidity, "oak", papaya dried


Edit: All the wine were drinking nicely after 2 hours of open bottle, 2-4 hrs decant good, tannins there but not "bad" that they need to hide in the cellar for a couple of years

All said and done bought for me and my dad

x2 Chateau Cantemerle
x2 Chateau Suduiraut, Sauternes The other Sauternes was good but this was rated the best on CT.
x1 Chateau Pontet-Canet

My Major Liquor Store is releasing most of these wines for 20-30% Less, So I am most likely going to buy couple more bottles of these wines. Which starts this Saturday So Time to go Broke

No comments:

Post a Comment